Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Sea


On The Sea



©2009Jack Deremiah



v

I can hear the roar of the waves

I can feel the spray in my face

I can feel the roll of the deck below

I can see the stars out in space



v

I can feel the wind in my hair

I can smell the salt in the air

I can feel the shake of each knot we make

As we go as fast as we dare



C

On the open sea when your mind is free

And there’s not a tree for a thousand miles

You can know the Earth from it’s time of birth

And each man has worth on the sea



Bridge

Stuck upon dry land I am just another animal who sleeps all night

Working the same fields, the same way, the same horizons

    It’s just not right

And when your last breath comes,

    it’s all the same old air from your daily plight

and this fate I’ll fight with all my might



v

I can do the work of a man

In the strangest places there are

I can put my hand to what few men can

And return to home by a star



V

I can learn what other men know

I can have some tales when I’m old

I can hear the gulls chasing swaying hulls

I can see night skies made of gold.



C

On the open sea when the winds agree

There are sights to see like you’ve never known

You can feel your heart; every stop and start

When you are a part of the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment