Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Daddy Knows


Daddy Knows



Once upon a time your Dad was young

Seems to me like it was yesterday

So many loves songs waiting to be sung

And great romance seemed so far away



But life is like a diamond in the earth

Only time and pressure make it so

But in the end you see what it was worth

And how each tiny seed you plant can grow



Daddy knows, my son, Daddy knows

Daddy sees every ache in your soul

I wish I could steal every pain you feel

But I must let them heal on their own

Daddy sees, my son, Daddy sees

Sometimes life puts us to our knees

And I hope you see we can make it be

But there’s no guarantee and Daddy knows



You are such a wonderful young man

I’m so proud of you that I could bust

You have got the whole world in your hands

I wish there was a future I could trust



I know at times I’m slow to show my love

So slow sometimes you hardly know it’s there

Like dust you cannot catch a basket of

But over time you’ll find it everywhere



Daddy knows, my son, Daddy knows

Daddy sees every sting as it grows

I would draw you close and chase every ghost

But to help the most I must be still

Daddy cries, my son, Daddy cries

Sometimes all alone in disguise

May you grow to be what I know I see

But there’s no guarantee and Daddy knows

No comments:

Post a Comment