Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ten Ways To Texas


This was just an exercise in playing with numbers and colors.





10 Ways To Texas



©2012 Jack Deremiah



I got 1 set of principles

But 2 ways of looking at them

3 bald tires that I ride,

I got 4 personalities

But 5 of them’s crazy,

And 6 empty beer cans by my side



I got 7 or 8 of my 9 lives left

But where ever this country boy may roam,

The closer it gets me,

The more it effects me,

There’s gotta be

10 ways to Texas and home.



We got 2 kinds of girls,

4 kinds of pretty,

6 different seasons in one,

We got 8 kinds of snakes,

10 kinds of skeeters,

And a dozen ways to turn your night to fun,



We got 14 good teams,

and 16 big dreams,

That each man and woman can own,

We got 18 ways to hoot,

Wearing 20 kinds of boots,

There must be,

10 ways to Texas and home.



Bridge:

There’s brick roads out of Oklahoma

Gravel roads Louisiana way,

Arkansas has tar that will cling to your car

But every road will get you where I stay



We got blue water flying

Under a big yellow sun

That makes me all red in half a day,

We got black water churnin’

Green fields turnin’

Chasing my brown funk away,



In my favorite purple pants

I’ll do a short lived violet dance

That’s turning my Mamma’s hair grey

The evening sky is pink,

But the white line is my link,

There must be 10 ways to Texas and home,

10 ways to Texas and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment