Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sometimes Love Is Best (when it's gone)


Sometimes Love Is Better (when it’s gone)

©2011 Jack Deremiah



(verse)

I remember all the things we said before

Before we ever started keeping score

And every little outfit that you wore

But it’s been a while since you touched my front door



(chorus)

Some memories are easy to erase

But good ones always seem to carry on

I close my eyes and see your pretty face

Sometimes love is better when it’s gone



(verse)

Pretending’s such an easy thing to do

Like how it might have been with me and you

Reality is something we both knew

And one is just much easier than two



(chorus)

Some things just don’t go as we planned

And offers made seem to be withdrawn

And fires only start when they are fanned

Sometimes love is better when it’s gone



(bridge)

And love, once begun

Fills every song and poem ever done

But love, won’t stop goodbye

It’s the cause of all the tears

Has been for all these years

And once it disappears

We all just cry







(verse)

Memories are all that I can see

Those memories, it turns out, are the key

Cause only all the best ones stay with me

And in my heart I know that you agree



(chorus)

The silence of this room is all I know

As I sit and wait alone for the dawn

I must have been so high to be this low

And sometimes love is better when it’s gone

Sometimes love is better when it’s gone

No comments:

Post a Comment